Device and Web Browser Support: Courses are compatible with desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. For the best course experience, we recommend using the latest browser version available for Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
This section marks the beginning of your journey in navigating the world of Medicare. First you will become familiar with health insurance terms and concepts that are essential to understanding Medicare. You will use this vocabulary to access and describe more complicated topics as we move through the MI Pro core curriculum. Terms and concepts we’ll cover include premiums, deductibles, coinsurances, copayments; distinctions between private and public health insurance; the three categories of providers for Original Medicare; differences between in-network and out-of-network for Medicare Advantage Plans; non-doctor types of health care providers; differences between hospital inpatients and outpatients; kinds of Medicare-covered therapy and types of care; and important notices that Medicare beneficiaries will receive before or after receiving a health care service or item.
After taking this section, you will be able to:
- Understand common health insurance terms
- Use those terms to talk about Medicare with clients, patients, and loved ones
- Interactive activities and knowledge quizzes
- Review tests at the end of every section – 80% or higher mark to pass the section and download a certificate of completion
- Educational content vetted by a team of national experts at Medicare Rights Center
- Closed captioning
- An array of printable supplementary tools and fliers