Device and Web Browser Support: Courses are compatible with desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. For the best course experience, we recommend using the latest browser version available for Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
In this section, you will learn about the coverage and costs under Original Medicare Part B, also known as medical insurance. You will learn about key areas of Part B coverage: outpatient care, doctors’ services, preventive care, home health care, and durable medical equipment. We’ll also explore how the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services set the Part B premium and deductible each year. Finally, we’ll talk about how copays/coinsurances vary depending on the type of service a beneficiary receives and whether the provider is a participating, non-participating, or opt-out provider.
After taking this section, you will be able to:
- Identify the services Part B covers
- Understand when Part B will cover those services
- Explain the three Part B costs: premiums, deductibles, and coinsurances
- Interactive activities and knowledge quizzes
- Review tests at the end of every section – 80% or higher mark to pass the section and download a certificate of completion
- Educational content vetted by a team of national experts at Medicare Rights Center
- Closed captioning
- An array of printable supplementary tools and fliers